Sunday, March 20, 2011

Fail

Today was one of the hardest days I have had as a parent.  I made a mistake.  Not that I haven't made any others so far, but this one bothers me more.

I keep trying to write about it but I don't even have the words.  My little girl was treated badly by another child today, so much so that she was afraid, and while I did much to try to make it stop, I should have taken her home. 

One of my weaknesses is that I do not do well in the middle of a difficult situation if I do not have time to mentally process what is happening, and today was a day when I should have just left rather than trying to think about how to handle a difficult and uncomfortable situation in the middle of the craziness.  I should always leave first, think about the situation, and then deal with.  I learned that lesson again the hard way today. 

I am just glad that Phoebe was fine almost as soon as we did leave.  She even sang with me in the car on the way home. 

No comments: